Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Ship's log - 7 July 2008

We are three months into the voyage. I don’t know about you but it is quite a journey for me as I revisit some of the shores I touched at during difficult times. Here I am dusting off old sea charts of dangerous shoaling waters long left behind, but at the same time I am discovering how soon we forget the lessons we learned and how we need to remember them, as I am remembering them now. This site is becoming a storehouse of all the best philosophy that helped me in the past and it feels very satisfying to record it and to share it with you. It is a reflection of what I would have liked to find when I was in need of guidance. And as we continue the voyage it will transform, I hope, into a voyage of discovery, as we leave familiar shores and head out into the open sea.

No comments:

Discover The Tale of Genji, the 11th Century classic of Japan (click image)

Discover The Tale of Genji, the 11th Century classic of Japan (click image)
Kiyomizudera Temple has a large veranda looking out over Kyoto and beyond