Monday, June 1, 2009

Ship's Log - June 2009

I always read the quotes on the top left-hand column of the blog every time I load the page. Some make me laugh out loud with pleasure. I think that we should take note of the quotes that do this for us as they surely reveal something about ourselves. These three quotes I copied to my desktop. Maybe they will give you pleasure too.

An artist is someone who produces things that people don’t need to have but that he for some reason thinks it would be a good idea to give them. Andy Warhol

Art is a collaboration between God and the artist, and the less the artist does, the better. André Gide

Unprovided with original learning, unformed in the habits of thinking, unskilled in the arts of composition, I resolved to write a book. Edward Gibbon

No comments:

Discover The Tale of Genji, the 11th Century classic of Japan (click image)

Discover The Tale of Genji, the 11th Century classic of Japan (click image)
Kiyomizudera Temple has a large veranda looking out over Kyoto and beyond