Tuesday, August 4, 2009

How to add a 'Stumble it!' button to your Blogger blog posts

After the resounding success of my post How to add a social bookmark button to your blog posts, I now present the eagerly awaited and longed for sequel: how to add a Stumble it! button to your Blogger blog posts.
First, go to the StumbleUpon buttons page and choose a button. Then choose ‘Blogger’ and copy the produced code but WITHOUT the first line (beginning and ending with a bracketed ‘p’).
Then, as with the previous ‘AddThis’ button:

1 - Select Layout > Edit HTML
2 - Check the Expand Widget Templates checkbox
3 - Copy and paste the code snippet into the template, right after the (div class='post-footer') tag
4 - Click Save Template

Be sure to back up your template beforehand, in case you accidentally make a complete and total hash of it.

The result will be a beautifully elegant little Stumble it! button at the bottom of your blog posts like the one just below.

What are you waiting for? Stumble it!

2 comments:

Lydia said...

Kind thank-you for your easy-to-follow instructions. I have been wondering how to do this! Now I have the buttons on both of my blogs.

Your blog is a keeper so I followed.

Foodiewife said...

I can't believe it! YOU taught me how to figure out STUMBLE IT!!! Great instructions...it worked!

Thank you!

Discover The Tale of Genji, the 11th Century classic of Japan (click image)

Discover The Tale of Genji, the 11th Century classic of Japan (click image)
Kiyomizudera Temple has a large veranda looking out over Kyoto and beyond