Friday, April 2, 2010

Ship's log - April 2010

It has been a strange and wonderful week. Last week the price of one of my major stock holdings was plummeting. Not only did I not sell, I bought more, believing in the underlying value of the company. This week positive developments pushed the price of the stock to relatively new highs.
In another area of my life also, my personal stock seemed to be at bargain-basement level, but I did not sell either. And I have been blessed with a positive surprise there also.

I am reminded of this quote from Buffet:

The market is very efficient at transferring assets from the impatient investor to the patient investor.

The same principle applies to life in general, as we have seen in my posts on patience. But it is still wonderful when the principle bears fruit.

Patience is the companion of wisdom. Saint Augustine

No comments:

Discover The Tale of Genji, the 11th Century classic of Japan (click image)

Discover The Tale of Genji, the 11th Century classic of Japan (click image)
Kiyomizudera Temple has a large veranda looking out over Kyoto and beyond