Friday, May 28, 2010

La femme chinoise

While I remember, I must share with you another piece of music and video by Maxence Cyrin. If you liked his version of Where is my mind? I am sure you will love this version of La femme chinoise (translates as ‘the Chinese woman’). This time I am including the original 1979 version of the song by Yellow Magic Orchestra so that you can really appreciate what Cyrin has accomplished. Here is the original:


And here is Cyrin’s beautiful transformation. Not only that, Cyrin has shown exquisite taste in setting this music to scenes from Wu Yonggang’s The Goddess (1934) with film star Ruan Lingyu. I found this creative music video very touching, I hope you enjoy it as much.



No comments:

Discover The Tale of Genji, the 11th Century classic of Japan (click image)

Discover The Tale of Genji, the 11th Century classic of Japan (click image)
Kiyomizudera Temple has a large veranda looking out over Kyoto and beyond