Friday, June 4, 2010

Ship's log - June 2010

As above, so below; as within, so without; a sedentary lifestyle and stress are showing up in the body. I had a bit of low blood pressure last weekend, not a pleasant experience. Fortunately I was off this week and generally I have spent the time relaxing and eating healthy. I have never eaten so much fruit in my life. I feel much better, but I will be going in for a full check up and service soon. There is nothing like feeling ill to produce a shift in one’s thinking patterns and in one’s priorities. We know health is the top priority but didn’t someone say knowledge is only integrated when we take action?

Do not let competing priorities get in the way of good health. Paul Limburg

When health is absent, wisdom cannot reveal itself, art cannot manifest, strength cannot fight, wealth becomes useless, and intelligence cannot be applied. Herophilus















No comments:

Discover The Tale of Genji, the 11th Century classic of Japan (click image)

Discover The Tale of Genji, the 11th Century classic of Japan (click image)
Kiyomizudera Temple has a large veranda looking out over Kyoto and beyond