Saturday, May 2, 2009

Awareness

Regular reader Jaliya has left some interesting comments about Anthony de Mello which can be found on my post The Way of Love. She provides some quotes from his book ‘Awareness’ which I thought it would be good to share with you. Thanks Jaliya.

The chances that you will wake up are in direct proportion to the amount of truth you can take without running away.You want freedom? Here it is: Drop your false ideas. See through people. If you see through yourself, you will see through everyone. Then you will love them.

I'm going to write a book someday and the title will be ‘I'm an Ass, You're an Ass’. That's the most liberating, wonderful thing in the world, when you openly admit you're an ass. It's wonderful. When people tell me, 'You're wrong,' I say, 'What can you expect of an ass?'

When your illusions drop, you're in touch with reality at last, and believe me, you will never again be lonely ... Loneliness is not cured by human company. Loneliness is cured by contact with reality.

No comments:

Discover The Tale of Genji, the 11th Century classic of Japan (click image)

Discover The Tale of Genji, the 11th Century classic of Japan (click image)
Kiyomizudera Temple has a large veranda looking out over Kyoto and beyond