Wednesday, February 18, 2009

You have mail

Yesterday I got home after a long day feeling in a somewhat black mood. And there was this message for me:

Dear Alex,
I am a Christian. The Lord my God is my Master, but I do so enjoy studying and practicing teachings of Buddha, and I count your website a gift. Thank you for your energy.
Clay


Not only that, but Clay has a few excellent quotations affixed to his e-mails which (all with his permission) I give you here. I was particularly touched by Washington’s quote. In fact I look on all the quotes, because of the out-of-the-blue way in which they came to me, as carrying a pertinent message. Thank you Clay.

Be still when you have nothing to say. When genuine passion moves you, say what you've got to say, and say it hot. D. H. Lawrence

Love is a force that connects us to every strand of the universe, an unconditional state that characterizes human nature, a form of knowledge that is always there for us if only we can open ourselves to it. Emily H. Sell

I will permit no man to narrow and degrade my soul by making me hate him. Booker T. Washington

You learn to speak by speaking, to study by studying, to run by running, to work by working; and just so, you learn to love God and man by loving. Begin as a mere apprentice and the very power of love will lead you on to become a master of the art. St. Francis De Sales

The place where your treasure is, is the place you will most want to be, and end up being.
Matthew 6:21

No comments:

Discover The Tale of Genji, the 11th Century classic of Japan (click image)

Discover The Tale of Genji, the 11th Century classic of Japan (click image)
Kiyomizudera Temple has a large veranda looking out over Kyoto and beyond